05 May 2008

Happy Birthday Princess

My baby girl turned 3 years old yesterday. It sounds completely implausible to me when I say it out loud. Lily has gone from sweet sleepless baby to mostly-sweet sleepless big-girl, and it seems like it all happened overnight.

We spent the day at Dan Nicholas Park in Salisbury, NC with Mandi's sister Emily and her daughter Taylor. The girls love spending time with Taylor, she's such a fun little girl. Ever since I can remember, she's always gotten so excited when Avery comes in to the room. She gets a big old smile on her face and squeals with delight.


Among the activities for the day were a ride on the carousel, a trip through the petting zoo, and of course, a stop at the concession stand for some ice cream.




Avery and Lily wore their new matching dresses.


Lily made sure she wore her "I'm 3!" ribbon all day long.

Then, as is her style lately, Lily passed out on the couch before I even had a chance to put her in the bath tub. Of course, she was in full Princess-gear getup at the time. I did manage to get the shoes off of her before I put her to bed, but the dress stayed. I didn't want to risk her waking up before I got her in to bed, you know?



With that, I leave you with a song I can't help thinking of when I think about my girls and how quickly they're growing up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I cannot believe she is 3 already! Gosh...I remember the first time I held and fell absolutely in love with her. Looks like a very fun park day, can't wait to see you all in a week or so!
Happy Birthday Lil, Aunt C loves you very VERY much!!!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Can you imagine three in five years? That may explain why you grew up so fast! I adore your girls & can't wait for the birthday celebration in a few weeks! Hugs to all of you.